Technical Services & Yacht Systems
Electronic Package Installation
Seafarer 38′ – “Mowgli”
Onboard Technician: Ernie Abend
Scope of Installation:
- Gathered components and made a comprehensive plan to install on board.
- Mounted AIS and Splitter in compartment starboard interior compartment above batteries.
- Mounted and installed, AIS/GPS antenna and rail mount on transom rail.
- Removed existing VHF antenna and installed new antenna.
- Installed watertight through deck fitting, and pulled VHF and GPS cables through and to AIS.
- Unmounted helm rail and bored hole through deck. Deck is cored, and will need to be backfilled with Vinyl-ester putty.
- Wired AIS to Antenna Splitter.
- Installed Owner supplied toggle switch in port fuse panel.
- Met Doug Freeman on board while performing installation. Verified any changes and all is approved.
- Installed NMEA 2000 backbone and cables.
- Installed terminal block for power connections.
- Installed fuses and fuse holders.
- Ran + power wire from toggle switch to terminal block and negative to battery.
- Ran nmea 2000 and power cable from AIS to beneath helm.
- Attached and soldered VHF antenna cable.
- Made all wiring connections and secured wire with cable ties.
- Back filled cockpit deck with Vinyl ester putty and re-bored hole.
- Bedded helm rail and reinstalled.
- Moved wooden binocular box from helm rail.
- Mounted chartplotter in Navpod.
- Cut hole in Stainless steel helm rail for wiring to Chartplotter. Pulled wires from beneath deck to Navpod.
- Installed Navpod on helm rail. Connected Chartplotter to complete installation.
- Drilled and tapped rail to re-install binocular box. Mounted box and filled existing holes with 10-24x 3/8 machine screws. Re-installed box.
- Ran a new DC supply and ground to port fuse panel. Connected DC+ to DC Main breaker. Connected DC- to stbd battery. Added a DC- buss bar behind fuse panel.
- Made all appropriate connections, cable tied and secured wiring.
- Labeled all appropriate fuses and breaker.
- Tested Chartplotter, AIS, Antenna splitter,VHF, and all installed components. ALL PASS